The saying goes that you get what you pay for. UpDownSignals is not free, unlike many Binary Options signal services that offer their software for free with a broker sign-up. For a mere $25 you can try their binary options signals for a week, with no broker tie-in. This also means that UpDownSignals have to perform well in order to keep their customers.
Disclosure: We might get a commission fee if you sign up through any of our links.
UpDownSignals Review Summary
- Annoying Browser Pop-Ups: No
- Fake Scarcity Counter: No
- Paid Actor Testimonials: No
- Impossible Revenue Gains: No
- Comes Across As Authentic: Yes
- Convincing Proof of Profits: Yes
- Possibility of Being a Scam: 0%
- Price: $25 for a week, $97 per month or $197 for three months.
UPDATE: 18 January 2016 – UpDownSignals has had a very good start to 2016! Take a look at these results, I'm quite impressed! The green means the trade won.
UpDownSignals Signal Creation Process
In order to calculate the signals that are sent to their customers, UpDownSignals goes through a detailed six-step process every day.
- The first step is to select the asset list for the day. The UpDownSignals selection process is driven by two major factors, the first being whether they have enough data on the asset. Secondly, they determine how closely the asset has followed their predictive models in the past. The information need by UpDownSignals is gathered from the markets, and generally more liquid assets are chosen that have high trade volumes. All of these factors are taken into consideration, and the list of assets to trade on a particular day is determined.
- Once the list has been compiled, the initial assumptions about the assets are tested and a predictive model is crafted for the day. This step also relies on gathering information from a large list of traders and companies to ascertain what their views are on the market, and whether it supports their models. By the time that the New York market opens, the guys from UpDownSignals are ready with their expected trends for each asset, as well as what the probabilities are for the assets to behave as expected.
- During the first hour of trading, which is the most crucial for the models, UpDownSignals observe the trades that are executed and monitor the market to ensure that their preliminary expectations matches up to what they predicted, and adjustments are made in real time if necessary.
- UpDownSignals proprietary models are applied to analyze the models in relation to the pre-opening and initial market opening data. All of this is done in real time, and they apply up to 4 different models to scrub the data and prepare it for sending out trading signals.
- With step 4 completed, the UpDownSignals team move on to select the strongest signals. They limit themselves to selecting only the top 5 signals that are deemed the most significant, and they ensure that they are above their minimum statistical rank. After this, the top signals are sent over to the site server.
- Step 6 is the final step, and this is where the trading signals are sent out to you from the UpDownSignals site. This is done within a minute of receiving the signals from their number-crunching servers to ensure that you get the signals as quickly as possible.
When you go to the UpDownSignals.com site you will see that they have a full set of their trading results, dating all the way back to 2012.
I was initially confused as to why UpDownSignals does not list any trading times, only the day, but then I found out that they send their signals at the same time every day. Their signals are sent at 16:30 GMT each trading day, and 15:30 GMT during summer daylight savings time. The exact time they send the signals might be delayed by a couple of minutes based on their assessment of the market.
You can expect to receive between 1 and 5 signals each day, and judging by their records, it appears that they have averaged 5 signals per day for the last couple of months.
The accuracy of their hourly signals, in other words, their trading signals for binary options that are set to expire an hour later, have been 72.3% accurate. That is pretty good, and definitely enough for you to make substantial amounts of money trading binary options.
Their 72.3% accuracy rate for hourly trades is much better than what they're averaging for their 3 hour trades, which currently sits at 62%. It will still make you money, but I would definitely go with the hourly trades.
The UpDownSignals come in 3 packages that should suit just about anybody. Their $25 starter package will give you a week's worth of trading signals, but personally I think that a week will probably not give you conclusive results. The market is fickle and therefore going for the monthly package is probably the best starting option. If you like the signals that you're getting, you can simply renew and of course also cancel whenever you want.
In order to trade with UpDownSignals, you will need a broker, and we suggest that you go with a broker that has a free demo option. Our current favorite is TradeThunder, and you can read our review of them here.
In order to protect you and to comply with regulations, all brokers will ask you for some form of visual identification, such as your driver’s license, as well as the last 4 digits of your credit card, and proof of residency. This is standard practice and you should expect to be asked for this type of documentation. However, you should note that they must allow you to blur or block out your driver’s license number and the first digits of your credit card.